Adirondack Chair Plan
The most comfortable Adirondack chair you will ever find! This is a special design with a curved back and curved seat that makes it hard to believe you’re sitting in a wooden chair. And even with these super comfortable curves, the chair still makes efficient use of materials. For my chairs I use 5/4 CVG (clear vertical grain) western red cedar which always creates a beautiful finished product that is rock solid because I’m able to get a 1″ finished thickness on the material. The chair is fastened together with 2″ stainless steel screws, 2.5″ galvanized carriage bolts, and finish with an exterior grade urethane finish. It takes roughly 30′ total of 5/4×8 material for a single chair, but if you’re really on your game and making a number of chairs you can get that down to 25′ per chair.
- Single PDF document for each plan set
- 38 detailed pages
- Full materials and hardware list
- Full parts list with dimensioned parts
- Scaling grid included on parts list
- 3d renderings of each part and the full build process and the final chair
- Full instructions list
- Link to build videos and build articles
- Full sized printable 48″x36″ template
- Full sized printable template broken down into 24 individual letter size pages for printing on a regular printer
- Use the 1″ scaling grid to free hand the shapes of the pieces.
- Print out the full sized 48″x36″ template on a plotter (if you don’t have access to one, check your local Staples, FedEx, etc) and trace onto your work pieces
- Print out the final 24 pages of the PDF document full scale on regular 8.5×11 paper and use the layout grid to tape the pieces together and then trace them out
Plan Set Sheet List: Cover Page, Legend & Materials List, Parts Plan 1, Parts Plans 2, Parts Plan 3, Parts Plan 4, Assembly Step 1-4, Assembly Step 5-6, Assembly Step 7-8, Assembly Step 9-12, Side View, Front View, Back View, Full Scale Template, 24 Pages of Letter Size Template
The entire plan is included in a single PDF document each for the base unit and the upper unit. It is likely that you have a PDF reader installed on your computer already, but if you have trouble opening the file you can use the free program Adobe Reader to view the plans (available here). The checkout process on my site uses PayPal where you can use either your PayPal account or major credit or debit cards. Once your payment has processed, you will receive an email receipt for your purchase and that will contain a link to download your plan. Please be sure to check your inbox for the download link, your spam filters if you don’t see it in your inbox, and if after ~30 minutes you don’t see it in either place or encounter other issues, please feel free to contact me.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.